Thursday, August 30, 2007

Three Days of Hand Sewing

I just finished washing and drying the quilt I made for Baby Bird. I spent three days hand sewing the binding on, so I was very nervous that the whole thing was going to fall apart. Miraculously, it didn't, and here is the finished project:


This is the first quilt I've made that will actually be used. I followed the instructions in Bend-the-Rules Sewing, and for the most part they were very easy to understand. I had the most problems with the corners of the binding. This quilt has two corners that look pretty good and two that look pretty horrible. Oh well. Next time I will also add more lines of quilting, and I won't use that horrible orange.

Up next, some embroidery from Sublime Stitching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the orange is nice! what kind of batting did you use? it looks so soft and lofty

Chara Michele said...

I think it looks so nice! It looks so nice & fluffy!