Monday, October 15, 2007

Break the Bottled Water Habit



Bottled water is often marketed as being purer than other water. In the U.S.,
however, tap water is more closely regulated than bottled water, while as much
as 40% of commercially available water starts out as tap water. While bottled
water can cost as much as $10 a gallon, when you consider that only about 12% of
the plastic is recycled, the environmental expenses associated with a momentary
convenience are far greater and long-lasting.

I've pledged to use a reusable water bottle for one month (or longer!), and I'm inviting you to do the same. To sign yourself up, click on the button on the right side of the page, or visit C3. To learn more about what you can do for the earth, visit the C3 blog.

Help break the bottled water habit and sign up today!

Go to:
http://c3.newdream.org/campaigns/c3/register/db247dced9a77a41f98eb9a22765cfcf/
to join the campaign and learn more about becoming a Carbon Conscious Consumer.

2 comments:

Chara Michele said...

We already use reusuable water bottles with water out of the tap in our house. Not only is it better for the environment, but it saves a lot of money too! :)

Unknown said...

Ahhhh... when I got pregnant, we switched from buying cases of bottles water to a home delivery service and we get our water in 5 gallon jugs and rent a cooler from them. I love it because I get the clean fresh good tasting water (ours has high levels of way too many bad things and the town recommends we don't drink it!) and we have no more plastic bottle waste (although we recycled, it's still alot of plastic!) and then while pregnant and toting a new baby I didn't have to carry any bottled water cases home! We go through 5 gallons a week, just for DH and I to drink, so it's a huge difference! I also make me tea with it. I do use a reuseable water bottle whenever I go "out." I don't have a Nalgene, but a eddie bauer bottle that is similar but has frozen reuseable cores. Love it!