Wednesday, December 5, 2007

giving thanks (a few weeks late)

I came across this post a couple of days ago, and I decided that I needed to make one of these Grateful Journals for myself. This was super easy. I cut two pieces of chipboard for the front and back covers (my covers are 8" x 8"). Then I gathered all kinds of papers: envelopes, old postcards, tags, scraps, tablet pages, etc. I put them all through my 3-hole punch and arranged them in a way I liked. I used 52 pages-- one for each week of the year.


Each evening, I will record something I'm grateful for that day. I plan on adding little bits of ephemera to the covers or to the pages as I go about my days. I may whip a few of these up for gifts. See another one of these here.

4 comments:

LJ said...

so that's what that is! It's wonderful! I love the idea! Where do you get chipboard? I found your blog! I'm very excited now I can see what you like to make something accordingly! :D Happy day!

LJ said...

I couldn't find chipboard at Walmart today but I found something that I think would work.... Art canvases! They are the flatter kind. I'm hoping I can drill some holes into it. I have never used a drill before and I own one!

Roo said...

I love your gratitude journal. Like the sound of adding bits of ephemera as you go too.

Chara Michele said...

What a lovely idea! It is such a good reminder too about being thankful all the time:)