Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Walking

I saw this on Chez Shoes, and I had to check out my neighborhood- if you can call it that. Walk Score will tell you how walkable your town or neighborhood is. While I do live in a place that is surrounded by miles and miles of hiking and biking trails (that I can walk to), the walkability of my home is a measly 6! Going anywhere, except to visit my parents, requires a pretty long drive. The place I lived before moving back here scored a 51. Not bad- I'm glad I took advantage of it while I lived there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Despite your low score, I think it's a good tradeoff! I'd give up my taco stand and drugstore conveniences (few though they may be) for hiking trails any old day :)

Unknown said...

Dont feel bad, my walkability is a 3 :(

Chara Michele said...

I saw this on another site and checked the walk score of my neighborhood. I thought for sure it would be terrible, but it was actually pretty high. The funny thing is that half the places it suggested are either completely nonexistent or just have absolutely nothing you would actually need! :) I would definitely trade all that for some pretty hiking trails any day!