Saturday, June 23, 2007

Anchors Aweigh




My mom and I spent the past two days in the Chicago area for my brother Curt's graduation from Navy boot camp. We met his fiancee, Jamie, there, and also got to see a good friend of mine. After not seeing each other for two months, I don't think I've ever seen two people happier to see each other than those two. Curt only had "liberty" for a few hours (and then had to return to the base), so we caught up and he entertained us with stories from boot camp. His next step is linguistics school in Monterey, California. Way to go, Curt!






And, in completely unrelated news, I am going to be participating in my very first craft show! It is at the Coleman Chapel (just up the road from where we live) and will be pretty small and low-key... the perfect place for starting out. It is less than a month away, so I must get busy. I also got an order for two bibs and for a purse! I think I will be spending most of today at my sewing machine.

No comments: